Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Deep Thoughts . . .

The left wants us to be like other countries when it comes to healthcare. This, is spite of the fact that other countries healthcare systems suck or is going bankrupt. Begs the question, why? On another hand, or foot, the left doesn't want to be like other countries when it comes to education. Fact is, education in other countries is far superior to our public schools which are failing miserably. Which also begs the question, why?

We on the right know why. And, no. It doesn't make any sense. Never does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez Jim, why don't you just tell us what you really think about those awful, terrible, no-good, very bad people who live to your left? (And I'm guessing almost everybody is somewhere to your left.)

Must be nice to be so RIGHT all the time...

Jimi5150 said...

You know what they say . . . hard to be humble . . .

(ahem)

Actually, I can be rather moderate on a bunch of issues. JJ Blonien-esque on some . . . never Pelosi-esque on anything . . . but, Lieberman-esque on others. But, it's what grabs the headlines, right? Or discussion, anyway.

But I blather.

Actually also, I do live next to a bunch of lefties. Drives me nuts with the bongos, naked women (well, that doesn't bother me) and late nights. The smell, though . . .

I'm in a good mood, can you tell?

The point with this snark is actually, I think, to ask a good question. Why do certain members of the left (happy?) insist on following a failed, or failing model in the name of "everyone else is doing it"? And, why won't they follow a proven one that many others are doing?

Or, would you rather trade some more barbs?

My daughter has plenty.

Oh, I'm killin' me!