Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dom Capers

So, he's the new guy that going to bring about cha . . . OK, I hate that word now. Hop . . . no. Something new! Or, something better than it was before! Let's go with that.

There's already bellyaching about him. All of it has to do with the fact that he much prefers, and will likely run, a 3-4 defense as opposed to the 4-3 defense the Packers are running now. Much of the bellyaching has to do with the fact that we don't have the personnel for a 3-4 defense, that the scheme isn't a good fit for our players, and that it's simply another thing that will be "new" for next season. All legitimate complaints, I suppose. I think we're missing something, though . . .

THE PACKER'S DEFENSE SUCKS!

(ahem)

Get my point? Have I made myself clear? We can't get much worse.

Next season we'll get Jenkins, Barnett, and Bigby back healthy. We'd still need someone in the middle. And, in spite of what I said earlier . . . not knowing at the time about Capers coming in . . . maybe we could use Peppers. If we have Barnett, Chillar, Popinga, and Hawk as our backers, I'm not feeling so bad. Maybe Kampman is a little under sized. Start getting him beefed up. Look for a middle guy and sign Peppers.

Face it, the old scheme wasn't working. A cha . . . new dir . . . fresh approach might be just what we need.

No comments: