Monday, September 08, 2008

24 years of fun

Today is my (our) 24th wedding anniversary. My wife, Jackie, is my best friend. Long ago, after about a year of dating, I decided to make it difficult for her to leave me. In the legal sense, anyway. While we both have debated the whole state line boundary thing to marriage, we have both come home to each other. Kinda like playing with a baby but giving it back to the parents at the end of the day. No changing poopy diapers for us. Which is symbolism for emotional shit.

Anyway, aside from the convenient groping, leching, and "hey, while you're up . . . ", I love my wife. More than anything else, we laugh. We don't act our age. We snark. We get a lot from a little. We love our daughter. And, we're good parents.

Jackie reads my Maxim's, She used to read my Playboys (when I had a subscription). She pointed out the nice butt on the Harley at the Harley parade . . . then commented what a nice shot I took of it. She fishes. She likes football. She's a great cook.

Not so good at being neat.

She's a valued employee. She's been with the same company for 18 years! As such, she can take summers off to be with our daughter. She's a Girl Scout leader. She camps. She has a great personality and is well liked. She has a lot of friends.

Mostly, she's mine. Forever.

I love you, honey. Happy Anniversary!



(Ooh. I gotta get to the store!)

5 comments:

Silent E said...

Cheese and Rice!!! 24 years!!!
Way to go you 2.
Congrats!!!!

Jimi5150 said...

Thanks. Drinks are on you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

To my smoking hot husband,
Thank for all the kind words. I'll keep you another day and the bargain bin is not in your future toady. Skip the store just come home so we can watch the game and have our first date night food steak mushroom pizza mmmmm. Thanks for making me laugh and get a little sick with Dennis DeOld. The secret to neatness is a maid.

Happy Anniversary Wheelie,
Yours always,
Jack

Silent E said...

Tomorrow night's not looking good Jimi.... I'm still trying.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and Mrs. Proak Playground. Bring her to our next soiree so we can congratulate both of you in person...a little belatedly, perhaps, but in person.