Sunday, July 20, 2008

Who is/was The Best?

There was an article somewhere on the web talking about Batman and the various actors that have played him. The article went on to mention other "replacements" in other roles. So, let's play along.

For Batman, they were all pretty good. No one, in my opinion, sucked. But, if I had to pick a favorite it would be George Clooney. Bale would be my very close second choice.

Jack Ryan in The Hunt for Red October, and others, was best played by Alec Baldwin. Though, Alec would have to join Jenny Craig to play him today. Harrison Ford was way too intense. Plus, he's just not that good an actor.

007. Well, I hated, HATED, Peirce Brosnan. Too much of a weenie. I'm not too crazy about Daniel Craig, but he's better than Brosnan. Actually, I liked Tim Dalton. Though I might be the ONLY person who did. Rodger Moore would be my second choice. Much as I like Sean Connery, he was rather goofy looking when he was younger.

Of the women I can only think of Silence of the Lambs and the role of Clarice. I think Jodie Foster did a better job than Julianne Moore, but I like them both.

I know in the upcoming Mummy with Brendan Frasier, Eveyln, originally played by Rachel Weisz, will be replaced by Mario Bello. That's a tough one. Of course, I haven't seen it yet but I reeeeealy like Rachel Weisz.

Any others?

No comments: