Friday, May 16, 2008

You're My Best Friend



First off, this is long over due. I guess I needed just the right moment and inspiration to dedicate a post . . .


to my wife.

Yep. You heard me. My wife. Married 22 years and we're still best of friends. Why?

My wife and I share many things in common. But of the more important components to our relationship is the core belief of personal responsibility. We're honest to others and ourselves. While we may not care what other people think from time to time, we care that people believe us and believe IN us.

We also make each other laugh. A lot.

Both of us can have a very dry sense of humor. Very dry. To a point that it gets us in to trouble. My wife can sell a dry joke all day long without wavering.

The other day we were discussing . . . some . . . uh, . . . people. I can't name names. But, we were discussing them in a very honest manner. VERY honest. Extremely honest. BRUTALLY honest. Sorry. You get it. Well, each time the other person made a comment it just got more and more snarky to a point that we both started laughing. Then my wife said something that almost put me in intensive care. Oh man . . . I was in bad shape. It took a good 10 minutes for me to recover.

This was just the other day. Today, I call my wife from work and ask her to turn on my computer at home so I can access it from work. I needed to check a file to get a phone number. I wasn't real sure where it was otherwise I would have just had my wife look for it. Well, when I logged on, I noticed my wife was reading an email. Again, I can't get in to specifics but it was in response to someone and something. Well, I started typing a reply from work on her reply. Once she figured out what was going on she, my wife, started typing things to me. We were, in effect, chatting. Well, it got rather naughty. Explicitly naughty. I was working hard to contain myself at work . . . while fearful someone might come to see what was going on with me. It was juvenile, but funny. I was giggling the whole time.

Huh. Maybe I should pick up some wine for her.

Anyway. I love you, honey. You make me happy. You make me laugh. You are my best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first comment of many on this topic.... First comment - I will read this and marinate in this for a week.
ox Jack
This is enough for tonight.