Friday, April 25, 2008

Celebridiot of the Day

I understand we all have our causes and many celebridorks have theirs. This is good. Nothing wrong with that. They make all kinds of money for having little talent (in most cases) so why not give back? I’m all for it. While not a fan of Angie Jolie, she’s putting her pocketbook where her rather large mouth is. Good for her. It’s nice she can find other ways to look down her nose at the rest of the world.

But, some people take their causes a little . . . hmm . . . over board, should I say? Hayden Panettiere’s little stint in Japan about the dolphins seemed a bit uninformed while worthy. Then there’s Martin Sheen who always seems to show up at some protest to get arrested.

Today, though, we have Harrison Ford. I used to like Harrison. During his Star Wars and Indiana Jones years he was fun to watch. Something happened to him, though. I blame it on that human toothpick sparrow-faced Calista Flockhart. Instead of growing older with dignity, Harrison did what many hollywood women do, become pathetic. Harrison doned the cover of Redbook magazine a few years back in what has to be one of the girliest picture ever taken of a man. He’s also not a very good actor. Sure, he did well with his action roles, but none of his “serious” stuff has any real credibility.

Anyway . . . he’s also a conservationist. Now, I don’t want to get anyone riled. But there are conservationists, and there are kooks. You tell me:

Harrison invited Access Hollywood and our guest correspondent Mel B exclusively along as he embarked
on a personal project to promote going green.

And just how did Harrison, who is the vice chair of the global environment group Conservation International
want to get his message across?

By waxing his chest, of course
.



What? I really need for someone to explain to me the relationship between having you chest hairs waxed and deforestation.

No, really. I mean it.

Read the rest of the laugh here.

No comments: