Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Vote for me . . . I'm not in jail!

So there he sits. Collecting a paycheck yet doing absolutely nothing in regard to the job he was elected to do. He's not present to vote on anything, he can't visit on behalf of his constituents, he can attend no forums, he can attend no committees, he cannot hold a press conference (well, I suppose he could). In short, he can't do anything to justify his position or the pay he gets for that position. Yet, many people in the central city voted for him. In fact, while he didn't "win" his aldermanship quite, he did win the primary. He will have to win again in the general election to keep his job. That could be a tall order as 70% of the people voted for someone else. But, people did vote for him.

There are many things in life I don't understand. The cosmos, 747s flying, teflon, women's emotions . . . but voting for McGee trumps all of that. I don't get it.

No comments: