Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cursed!

My 7 year old turned 8 today. Yep, a Valentine baby. What better gift for my wife and I to give one another than our little girl. Today is actually Mother's Day and Father's Day. We view it as 4 holidays in one. Very special.

Apparently, fate isn't so fond of our arrangement as it has seen to it that my girlie be sick every year on her birthday. Last year was the only exception so far. We thought we get by this year as my daughter was sick early in the week. Nope. She was just warming up, so to speak. Today, fever of 101.

It's a big deal as she misses out on two occasions . . . Valentine's and her birthday, at school. Today she went in for as long as she could hold out. We hate to expose her germs to other kids, and generally we wouldn't hesitate to keep her home, but it's such a special day for her we hate to see her miss out. Plus, it was just for a little while. A couple of hours. Just enough to pass out Valentines and her birthday treat. And get everyone sick, I suppose. Well, I hope not.

Anyway, she's a trooper. Did what she could then wanted out. When she got home she went to bed. That's when you know a child is sick . . . when they want to go to bed. A bit later we had soup for dinner and gave her her gifts. We played Scene It, and she was off to bed for the night.

Te amo, borreguita.

No comments: