Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007 debrief

As it was last year, Amazon was "berry, berry gud to me". I don't mind crowds. What I do mind is spending an hour to park the car, and the stifling air inside many stores. Ordering things online also makes one thing very easy . . . hiding gifts. Since I have things shipped to me at work, it takes care of that one issue. Note to self, keep better track of potential gifts and start earlier. One thing didn't ship in time.

I decorate outside for Halloween. It's my thing. Jackie (da wife) takes care of Christmas inside the house. Typically, we both do decorations outside but the weather this year really made that impossible. So, note for next year . . . put up Christmas when you take down Halloween.

For some time now, Christmas comes and is gone in a flash. My wife was particularly busy at work this year. I had some health issues but isn't an excuse for not doing more to take advantage of the holiday. Breakfast with Santa at the Pfister was cancelled this year, and we didn't take in anything else. We didn't even get to CandyCane Lane this year. So, another note to self, plan more holiday activities to help extend the spirit. Also, make Jackie work less.

It's difficult to get things perfect for the holidays. For both me and my wife, it;s a busy time at work. Although, I generally don't have to work long hours or on the weekend as my wife does. I think it's important to know what things are going to be like and plan accordingly. We were very last minute with the house this year. Next year, I'd like to plan more in advance.

In spite of all of this, it was a good holiday. Having a child in the house makes Christmas special no matter what else. For my wife and I, we're lucky. Jamie is not very demanding, not wanting, patient, and has the spirit of Christmas in her where ever she is, whatever she is doing, and no matter how busy her parents are. She makes us proud.

Finally, I certainly send wishes for a good holiday season out to all of my friends, anyone who is reading this, the rest of the blog world, and to my family. Merry Christmas!

No comments: