Thursday, November 08, 2007

I'm just sayin'

I've mentioned the arthritis in my back. After a bad few weeks of pain, my doctor tells me I could go see a neurologist at a pain clinic if I want. There's more a neurologist can do for a person, even outside of surgery. So, I decide that that's what I want to do. Now, I need the referral from my doctor. No problem. I call the pain clinic and I am given a few options in which to see the doctor. All within the next few days. I schedule a week from my call. The neurologist tells me in addition to the xrays, he'd really like an MRI to make sure there isn't any nerve damage or other problems to consider. Now, I have insurance. I pay for a percentage of it. It's not a cadillac plan, but it's coverage.

Anyway, the doctor gives me a few options for centers that do MRI's. I call. I'm given a few schedule options within the next few days. I schedule about a week from my call.

So, I went from my doctor to a neurologist, had a MRI done, all in the span of a couple of weeks. And only because that's how I scheduled it.

Think you can do that in Canada or Great Britain?

No comments: