Monday, October 29, 2007

Don't let the door hit you in the . . .

The JS reported that Jesus Salas resigned after the budget was finialized because of frustration over the lack of more tax dollars for illegal immigrants. Specifically, an in-state tuition provision for the children of illegal immigrants wanting to attend college. To be honest, I think it's wrong to punish the children for what the parents did, but I'm tired of my tax money going to suport those who came in to this country illegally. Our economy is burdoned enough. Other reasons the regent resigned:

• Signing the Real I.D. legislation, which requires applicants for Wisconsin driver's licenses
to show proof of legal residency.

• Signing legislation that ended a program in which Wisconsin's housing authority financed
mortgages for people without Social Security numbers.

While I sympathize with those kids who may have counted on tuition help, these other provisions in the law are exactly what I'm talking about. Why would anyone oppose this? One would think these provisions would apply whether an illegal or not! Well, to Jesus Salas . . .

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

No comments: