Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fashion and Music

In the past, MTV has aired a Fashion and Music event. I recall the first one's I watched being pretty cool. Basically, a fashion show set to live music. The music came from various bands. Mostly lesser known. WHich made it all the more cool as you got to see new fashions and hear new music.

Well, I've tried to keep up with MTV over the years. I'm not sure when it lost me, but certainly as it became less and less about music and more and more about absolutely pathetically stupid shows, I tuned in less often. I remember having it on all day on saturdays as I cleaned the house! Not anymore.

Anyway, the fashion and music shows came and went. I haven't seen one in a while. Well, suddenly I see one airing on VH1. So I DVR it. I watched it tonight. A few thoughts:

First, what idiot thought that jerkbag Jeremy Piven was a good choice to MC this show? What a douche. He stunk.

Second, the title is music and FASHION . . . ? Where's the fashion?! Oh . . . way at the end of the show! A couple of token runway shows!

Third, all the music was by popular artists. Aerosmith, Usher, Fergie, Avril . . . and others. Which isn't so bad but I preferred the lesser known music better. One performer was Jen Lopez. I just don't get her appeal. She doesn't sing that well and dances as if she's wearing hoofs.

Pretty boring, all in all. Too bad. It's a good concept.

No comments: