Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thanks, FDA . . . no EPA . . . no both!

Thanks, in part, to the global warming alarmists, my asthma inhaler is now a CFC-free device. No big deal, really. It's just that on my prior insurance plan it cost me $10. With my current plan it would have cost $8. But, no. Because CFC-free MDI's (metered dose inhaler) are new, they're all brand name and now cost $25! Now, I understand the whole CFC thing. It's good we've eliminated its use for the most part. But an MDI puts out a grain of sand on a California beach equivalent of CFC into the atmosphere! Once again, in their attempt to help, the government actually hurts us. Asthma is widespread in lower socioeconomic areas. Partially due to allergies to cockroaches and rodent feces. So the ruling really hits this class hard. Sure, it may point to why we need universal healthcare . . . but we don't have it now . . . and people are suffering because they can't afford simple medications. I'm not quite sure who the bigger genius is . . . the FDA, or the EPA?

No comments: