Monday, July 09, 2007

A perfectly good seat . . .

I didn't make it to Summerfest this year. A variety of reasons. No loss. There will be plenty of future opportunity. I have been there many times in the past and my wife went this year a few times. In fact, she and her sister went to see John Mayer the night he played. Now, all discussion about why anyone would want to pay money to see this bore aside, she brought up an issue that has always baffled me. Why do people, with perfectly good seats . . . and up away from the stage . . . insist on standing throughout the concert? My wife's sister stood through the entire show! She said she had to because everyone else was standing and wouldn't have been able to see. OK. I can accept that. So, if you have seats that allow you to see without having to stand . . . why do it?!?! No offense . . . well, maybe a little . . . but especially at a John Mayer concert?!?! It's happened to me in the past. At Summerfest and other concerts. Fortunately, I'm usually around other people who think it equally as strange as I that someone finds it necessary to stand when they clearly don't have to and have joined me in a verbal assult of the morons. In the case of the Mayer concert, I guess everyone suffered from the same intelligence depletion.

That may explain why he has so many fans.

No comments: