Monday, July 23, 2007

Leaking off

I hate plumbing. I can do it, I understand it, but I hate doing it. I imagine doing a new house rough in would be fun, but any work on an existing system, particularly an older house, sucks. Big time. First, it always takes longer than you planned. Partially because of the "3 rule" . . . three trips to the hardware store. Invariably you forget something, measured something wrong, or break something. Usually, all three. More than that, though. It's messy, stinks, and requires one to contort themselves into positions not covered in the Kama Sutra.

Again, I can do it and am generally successful at it. This past weekend, I replaced our bathroom vanity. Any DIY'er knows this isn't a tough job. You do have to disconnect both the plumbing supply and waste. Again, no big deal. Taking things apart are almost never a problem! I get to turning on the water to test for leaks. Hot and cold supply . . . good! Drain . . . good! Then where is this drip coming from?! The seal at the bottom of the sink! !(^$*^!#(*!@!

So, with perfectly good connections, I have to take the drain apart again to re-seat the drain pipe at the sink bottom.

Just when my back was feeling good, again.

No comments: