Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Jessica and the larger picture

I like Jessica McBride. I never met her or talked to her, but with her blog, columns, and now defunct radio show she came across as a passioned, no-nonsense woman who not afraid to speak her mind and intelligent enough to do so. I didn't listen to her radio show much. I simply couldn't. I wish there would have been regular podcasts available, but there weren't. When I did tune in, I liked her show. No, she's no Belling or Diebert. There's a part of radio hosting one either has or doesn't has . . . have, and she really didn't have it. But, she was no worse than some of the hacks on NPR. Joel McNally can't for the life of himself string words together in any consistent manner to form cohesive sentances. It drives me nuts to listen to him. Now, as to why Jessica got the boot . . . who cares? It's a radio thing. It happens. To be honest, I'm looking forward to Dennis Miller as I like him a lot. But, there are those in the blog world that have taken up the cause of being Jessica's personal boil. In fact, there are several cases in which it seems the sole purpose of a blog is to be the blogthorn in another's person's side. I don't get it. What's more, while the bashing and name calling is plentiful, there lacks any real substance. No conterpoint to the point that's being trashed. I think it takes a certain amount of guts to lay yourself out there for all to comment. Certainly, with many, it an opportunity to discuss an issue, present your side, and agree to disagree. For others, it becomes an attack. An attack on intelligence and on character. Again, often with no counter point to the issue.

I don't visit those blogs very often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.