Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Going out with my . . . woman?

My wife will not take my daughter to McDonalds. It's always been my thing to do. Mostly because my wife hates McDonalds and partially because she like to introduce my daughter to different things. As for my daughter, she has always enoyed going to McDoalds with me, and I've enjoyed taking her. She likes the fires and, of course, likes the toy they give out.

So, the other day we were home and I suggested we go out to eat. Now, I'll often pick the Mayfair Mall food court as my daughter can get a taco (she loves those!) and I can get something else. Can't say McDonals is my favorite, either. Well, she says to me: "Daddy . . . I want to go somewhere, but I really don't want to go to Mcdonalds. I want you to take me somewhere nice."

(You hear the sound of me hitting the ground having fainted.)

Wow. I did't know what to say at first! I agreed, of course, but felt a little funny about it. Again, my wife takes her to nice places all the time. As a family we go to nice places all the time. I guess that was the funny part . . . this would be the first time I took my daughter to a nice place by myself. I felt kinda weird. But I was looking forward to it!

In the end we stayed in and I made her a nice meal. There was a new Zak and Cody on and she didn't really want to miss it even though she knows I can DVR it. Oh well, next time. I can't wait!

No comments: