Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Da Barely Bears

I tend to be as neutral as I can when it comes to the playoffs. I have my favorites and I have my opinions but mostly I just want good football. Having said that, I really wanted the Colts to win. As with Favre and Elway, I wanted to see a great quarterback get his due. For Dungy, too. It's a great validator for both of them. As for the Bears, like many other people I felt they really didn't belong in the Superbowl. I know it's hard to argue their record, but like the Bears of several years ago when they did a similar thing, they just weren't (aren't) a complete team.

The Superbowl revealed these things:

1. Defense wins Superbowls. What I don't think people thought of is that Indianapolis had a pretty good defense. Particularly when matched with the Bear's weak offense.

2. While defense is important, a good quarterback is equally so. Manning is great. Grossman is bad . . . very bad. I'd be a little surprised if he's the quarterback next season.

3. While a good defense and a good quarterback are important, equally so is the coach. Dungy nailed this game.

Over all it was a good playoff season and a good Superbowl. Congrats to the Colts on a great victory!

No comments: