Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Golden Globes

Certainly more interesting than the People's Choice Awards, the Globes are thought of as an early indicator of the Oscars. Not sure if that's true, but the show is better over all. Of the winners, America Ferrera (sp?) for Ugly Betty, Alec Baldwin for 30 Rock and Bill Nighy for Gideon's Daughter. Three actors I really like, and two shows I watch. Sometimes, though, it's not who wins but who doesn't win. I was glad Desperate Housewives didn't win anything. Also, Jeremy Piven (jackass), Julia Dreyfuss (annoying), Annette Bening (drunk and annoying) and Kiefer Sutherland (he has enough already). Of course, half the fun are the fashions . . . I thought Jennifer Hewitt looked great, as did Sienna Miller. Though, I'm not crazy about the shiney face thing going on lately. Cameron Diaz looked like an alien space ship stewardess, Patricia Arquette looked particularly unattractive. I thought Gillian Anderson looked attractive but had a stupid dress on. While I like her a lot, America's dress needed to fit better in the . . . uh . . . Globes. Spilling out understates it. Most of the guys looked good. On to the Oscars!

No comments: